Happy Tuesday! Although we all fall into various positions and titles throughout our lives; child, student, employee, CEO, etc., I’m positive that almost all of us can relate to the infamous sentence of: “Hi, so to begin our first day together we are going to do an ice breaker activity”. From my experience, there are two ways that people respond to these kinds of things- Sitting up a little taller, clearing their voice, and prepared to pull out their best/worst embarrassing story – or – slouching down in the chair, mind jumbled, thinking of the best way to sneak off to the bathroom as to conveniently miss the activity. As for me, lets just say my favorite people are the ones who rather say, “Even though we are all new here, we aren’t going to be doing any ice breaker activities” *instant smile of relief*. But don’t get me wrong, I have actually participated in some really awesome activities around getting more comfortable with one another that don’t involve answering generic questions and fabricating a weird talent or embarrassing story.
I turned 24 about a month ago on February 28th (March went by so fast!), so I thought it would be fitting to write 24 things about me as a kind of ice breaker into sharing stuff that others may not know about myself. I realized through this that thinking of 24 ‘facts’ about yourself is actually a lot harder than I thought, so bear with me if some of these are a little goofy.
- I love to write.
- I’ve been to 10 different countries in Europe!
- I’m secretly a mermaid…aka I have always loved to swim- pool, lake, ocean- you name it.
- I’ve broken one ankle and sprained the other, definitely a klutz.
- I can play the violin and have been playing since I was 8 years old.
- My favorite color is yellow, and it’s also the color of my bedroom at my parents house.
- I’ve had braces 2 times and invisaline once.
- My favorite movie is Crazy, Stupid, Love (I know super cheesy).
- I love to listen to music, and am going to 3 live concerts this year.
- My favorite flower is a lilac.
- I’ve been dating my boyfriend Kenny for about 4.5 years, and we’ve known each other for over 5 years- Crazy!
- My favorite food is french fries.
- I have a younger brother named Cris who is 21 and he’s one of my best friends.
- My hair is super thick and naturally curly, although it was much curlier when I was younger.
- I love to learn.
- My favorite form of travel is by train. I went from Minneapolis to Chicago via train on a school trip in high school and fell in love with the slower pace and how you are able to enjoy the view. Fast forward to the first time I went to Europe for 3 months where we only traveled by train- lets just say the views were a million times more beautiful and I felt like I got to know a different side of every country we passed through.
- I love snow! I know many would disagree, but to me one of the most beautiful parts of nature is the way a fresh snow fall glimmers and glows at night.
- My favorite past time is going to the beach. Very different than the snow (; It’s one of my happy places.
- I did cross country skiing in high school, and to this day I believe it is the hardest but most rewarding physical activity.
- My go-to outfit is a pair of jeans, a grey polo tee, and flip flops.
- I have a doggy named Brie who I adopted a little over year ago!
- I love collecting shells and wine corks, as shown by the aesthetic in my apartment.
- I have a heightened sense of smell.
- My all time favorite form of exercise is a tie between running and yoga.
Props to you if you read through every one of those! I realized that each fact shares a mini story about me, but as to not turn this post into a novel I kept them short and sweet. If you’re interested in knowing more about any of them, feel free to ask!